Kids' Worship Help
The Problems Are . . .
- Most Christian-kids' songs use a Kids' Choir sound [which 3rd-6th graders don't like!]
- The lyrics can be cheesy, simplistic, over-hyped, or biblically inaccurate
- The motions are either too simple, too complicated, or have "already been done"
So - What to Do?
- I use a "solo male voice" with modern pop production [like Radio Disney, Nickelodeon music artists, and nearly every successful pop and rock band in the modern era.]
- The motions my wife Kathleen creates are some of the best in the industry:
- They are simple enough to learn some of them the first time you hear the song
- They are complicated enough to be interesting and challenging to the kids
- They actually "lift" the songs and make them better and more memorable
In my family - the REAL test of a song is this: Do my daughters [ages 14 and 7] dance around our house singing the song? If not, it's not a hit, and the artist's message isn't being heard.